Most women are more than ready to have their pregnancy over by the time the third trimester starts. Three more months, and baby will be here. For many, the third trimester symptoms are the most challenging. Hang in there, baby will be in your arms soon enough.
Here are some of the main third trimester symptoms women go through and some suggestions for making it through your third trimester:
- Aches and pains. As your baby bump continues to grow, it can take a real toll on your back. It can also cause pain in your hips and pelvis. This is all normal. The best thing you can do is to experiment with different sleeping positions. Your health care professional may also be able to recommend some light exercises which can help relieve the pain.
- Frequent urination. One of the most common third trimester symptoms is having to go to the bathroom repeatedly. You may even find that you have to go to the bathroom again within minutes of your last trip to the ladies’ room.
- Sleeping problems. Sleeping with a baby bump is a challenge. Your frequent urination doesn’t exactly help, either. It’s important to get enough rest. One of the best ways to do that is to take short naps during the day.
- Heartburn. This is another common third trimester symptom. The best ways to combat this are to avoid spicy foods and to eat several light meals spaced throughout the day instead of eating three big meals. Eating a light snack right before bedtime is also helpful.
- False Labor. Also called Braxton Hicks contractions, false labor is a normal occurrence during the third trimester. Your body is preparing itself for the real labor that will come later. Most women have Braxton Hicks contractions between weeks 28 and 30. Talk to your doctor about how to tell the difference between Braxton Hicks contractions and labor.
It’s almost time to welcome baby in the world. Some of the third trimester symptoms are unpleasant, but they won’t last long. Hang in there. Soon, your pregnancy will be over and you’ll be holding your new son or daughter in your arms.